Mission & Strategic Plan
Vision and Beliefs
To be the best state/regional golf Hall of Fame in the country
1. Constantly and consistently honor our members;
2. Tell the stories and promote Texas’ rich golf history and traditions in innovative and lasting ways; and,
3. Continually cultivate of our strong relationships with allied golf organizations and communities in Texas.
Recognition and Celebration
1. Showcase every Texas Golf Hall of Fame Member and have consistent interactions with all living members;
2. Establish, maintain and create a consistent evolution of permanent recognition through physical and digital presence(s);
3. Enhance recognition in the golf industry (nation and state) and Texas golf communities;
4. Texas Registry of Historical Golf Courses On-Site Recognition.
Preserve and Promote Texas Golf History
1. Create world-class digital archive and repository of Texas golf history;
2. Develop interactive and comprehensive digital/online experience;
3. Celebrate historical achievements; and,
4. Publish coffee table book for 50-year anniversary.
Connections and Alliances
1. Partner with PGA Tour / LPGA Tour / PGA Tour Champions / PGA Sections / TGA Amateur / Junior events / Club Managers / Superintendents;
2. Co-brand scholarships to serve allied partners and member foundations;
3. Professional support of allied partners;
4. Provide crossover services;
5. Facilitate relationships with Registry of Historic Texas Golf Course facilities; and,
6. Enhance and embrace state and national media relationships.
Give Back to Texas Golf
1. Establish multiple Annual Joe Black Cup Scholarship Awards;
2. Offer annual college scholarships to partner organizations; and,
3. Provide annual internship grants to partner organizations.
Continue Growth and Visibility of the Texas Golf Hall of Fame
1. Interns, part-time consultants, and/or additional full-time employee(s); and,
2. Living members and board members to consider a bequeathed gift to the Texas Golf Hall of Fame.